Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high quality dental care. We understand that your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to children’s needs and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing you with the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about your child – their comfort, happiness, and health.
During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Review dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of their teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth, checking teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- Discuss nutritional information
- Offer tips and tricks for better oral home care
- Evaluate growth and development
The doctor will meet with you and your child to discuss X-rays, help create an individual treatment plan, and answer any questions that you may have.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your child’s first appointment:
- Any physician information pertaining to your child
- Your insurance card
- A sample of the water your child drinks to test it for fluoride. (2-3 oz. in a plastic container)
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association as well as the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that your family has a busy schedule, so when you're preparing for a dental visit, please remember that in order for us to offer a thorough examination and answer any questions you may have, we will need the full time allotted for your child’s appointment so please plan on arriving on time.