Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that your son or daughter may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to children’s needs, and it is our goal to make your family feel comfortable visiting our practice while we provide your little one with the best possible care.
Your first visit is all about your child: their comfort, happiness, and health
During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Review dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of the teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth, and check teeth and gums for cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- Discuss nutritional information
- Offer tips for better oral home care
- Evaluate growth and development
Dr. Clark or Dr. Wong will meet with you and your child to discuss X-rays, help create an individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
Bring your child’s smile, but also remember to bring these to the first appointment:
- Any physician information pertaining to your child
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association as well as the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
We understand your family has a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing for a dental visit, please remember that in order for us to offer a thorough examination and answer all your questions, we will need the full time allotted for your child’s appointment. Please plan on arriving on time.